I get the urge to write from time to time.

Friday, December 18, 2009

feel like makin' love!

Haha, not really--just Bad Company is happening right now.

So, I am satisfactorily happy about being on break. I've found that I punish myself for not meeting my expectations, but oh, well. I don't know how to change that about myself.

For example, I hadn't eaten anything all day, and on the way home (around 9:30), we stopped in Charlotte to eat at this little sushi restaurant called Ru San's. I might add, it was in the middle of nowhere, but looked really legit--and John and Ally are both huge fans. Extensive menu. So many choices, some pricier than others. I just couldn't find it within me to reward myself with something expensive. I didn't do anywhere near as well as I wanted to this semester, so I ordered zarusoba.

I really love properly-made, fresh sushi.

I will never do and never will do as well as I want to do.
I need to give myself more credit.


On a separate note--
Today sort of began on Wednesday at 7 a.m., that is, I pulled an all-nighter last night and paid for it today. My biology exam wasn't nearly as difficult as I predicted. After I finished, I checked the answer keys that were posted by the exit, and I found that I changed a couple of answers that were originally correct, and that always pisses me off. But. It didn't really affect me all too much, I was too tired. I went back to my dorm and showered, planning to sleep for an hour since it was only 9:30 by the time I got out, and then cramming for my AERO201 final at noon. Sleep happened. Too much of it, actually. I woke up at 3:34 p.m.

Needless to say, I was extremely panicked after I realized the time. Up until that point, I was trying to make sense of the fact that I was asleep, because I was extremely disoriented in my own darkening dorm room, and I had had a "dream" that was really just me in some alternate state of consciousness, or perhaps the cerebral manifestation of the song "Everything in its Right Place" by Radiohead.

It was weird.

But, I called my professor and told him what had happened, and he was luckily very forgiving. He allowed me to go immediately to the armory (where the class is held) and take the exam. I was a little sad that I didn't get to do any additional studying, but I made a B on the exam anyway, which is what it is, considering the class has only one hour of credit.

Unfortunately, this whole sleeping and exam ordeal caused my car-full to leave two hours after the originally set time.

But, alas, I made it home around midnight. Parents were asleep already. I suppose I will see them in the morning.

Tomorrow, I want to make some ginger salad dressing. And that is all my apathetic self has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment